Kerul L. Kassel, Ph.D. has been named to the Parelli Foundation Board of Directors. Dr. Kassel is an educator, leadership coach, author and community activist who brings a broad range of experience to the Foundation Board. The Parelli Foundation is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the natural horsemanship community that focuses on education for youth horsemanship, therapeutic horsemanship, horse welfare and scholarships for the talented and for career minded individuals.
“The Parelli Foundation is excited and pleased to have someone of Dr. Kassel’s caliber joining our board,” said Lori Northrup, president of the Parelli Foundation Board of Directors. “She has incredible business and educational expertise and has been involved with natural horsemanship for many years. She will, without a doubt, make a positive impact on our organization.”
Highlights of Dr. Kassel’s background include:
- She is currently a faculty member in Fielding Graduate University’s Organizational and Leadership Masters Program and conducts research on bottom line business practices.
- She is a professional leadership coach, certified through the International Coach Federation, the International Association of Coaches and other coaching organizations.
- Dr. Kassel is a publicly-elected official, serving on the Harmony, Florida Community Development Board of Supervisors
- She has been widely quoted in national publications including TIME magazine, Real Simple, the Chicago Tribune and elsewhere.
Dr. Kassel and her husband have two quarter horses and a former Premarin draft mare. In addition, they have realized a long-time dream of building a sustainable life/lifestyle, including a near-net-zero solar home. Their new dream is to be their horses’ partners and collaborators in bringing the past, present and future of leadership together for the dignity and benefit of all.
“I am excited to be joining an organization that places its emphasis on education and natural horsemanship,” said Dr. Kassel. “I care deeply about the Foundation’s missions and goals to help make this a better world for horses and humans. I look forward to serving on the board and helping in whatever way I can.”
Dr. Kassel joins the following members on the Parelli Foundation Board of Directors:
- Lori Northrup, Board President: Founder of Stride Tool, Inc. Lives in Ellicottville, NY
- Kris Fulwiler: Retired international judge for the Royal Friesian Horse Society. Lives in Algoma, WI
- Edwin Alderson: Attorney, retired judge and businessman from El Dorado, AR
- Carlos Osorio: Businessman and entrepreneur from Madison, WI
- Art Glen: Founder, Natural Horseman Saddles, Inc. Lives in Bayfield, CO
- Jean Wyer: Retired partner, Price Waterhouse Coopers. Lives in Secaucus, NJ
- Dr. Richard Bowman, DVM founder/owner of Bowman Second Chance Thoroughbred Adoption Center in Rhame, ND
# # #
About the Parelli Foundation:
The Parelli Foundation is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the natural horsemanship community that focuses on education for youth horsemanship, therapeutic horsemanship, horse welfare and scholarships for the talented and for career minded individuals. It follows the principles of Parelli Natural Horsemanship (PNH) but operates independently of PNH.
The Parelli Foundation (previously named the Parelli Education Institute) earned the “Gold Level” designation from GuideStar, USA, Inc.; an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit companies. Out of 1.5 million nonprofits, less than 5,000 have achieved Gold Level status. Donors to the Parelli Foundation can be assured their investments are being used wisely and appropriately, with contributions tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. To learn more, go to: www.ParelliFoundation.org